closed back over ears

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by hatecrew1992, Aug 18, 2012.

1. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

hi guys,

I was looking for closed back over ear headphones to use with a computer mostly. The ones I got recommedned where the Audio Technica m50, the shure SHR840 an the
    Ultrasone HFI 780.
    From my personal experience I would also add the Beyerdynamic DT-770 to this list.
    So i have quit a few choices, but no idea wich ones to choose. My budget is arround 200€.
    I hope you can help me figure this one out,

many thanks,

hate

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

From what I remember from all of the people who were making this kind of decision, most chose the DT770 pro and were very happy with them. Not as many chose the M50 (which I own), but it's very good also. I think the comfort would be much better with the 770.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

Well the dt 770 Seem to be a good choice, and a DAC is Something that's on my List anyway. But since i Would like to get myself a pair of hifiman, a better DAC seems neccessary, since Ii Heard they are pretty Hard to power. And if i could use the Same DAC for trying the Sennheiser hd800 and the Beyer T1 I wouldn't mind. Of course i will have to raise the Budget for Something like this, but maybe there is one Out there that won't exeed my Budget by to far. I could bring up 400€ max for Both, hopefully that is enough.

5. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  6. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

We can get these but they are a special order item so take a little while to come. The good thing about the 32ohm version is that it would work for long journeys without the need for a really decent and powerful portable amp. Not always, but mostly, when there are options for a low impedance and high impedance version of a headphone the difference is low impedance models tend to feel a bit more dymamic but slightly less sculpted or solid, and the high impedance versions feel more grounded and solid but are not as dynamic. By dynamic in this instance I mean the difference between the loudest and quietest noise in a recording. The core sound and EQ is recognisably about the same.

7. hatecrew1992

hatecrew1992 New Member

thanks for the info. I already got the cans, since I saw this post a little to late.