Complement to Sennheiser HD595

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by jelicof, Aug 17, 2011.

1. jelicof

jelicof New Member

I´m looking for a complement to my current headphones Sennheiser HD595. The phones will be plugged into an ASUS Xonar Essence ST (HTPC) and used for music/movies. The main reason I´m looking for a complement to the HD595 is simply the lack of bass. Something to use when listening to house/dance or simply watching Transformers.

Closed or open doesn´t really matter, I just want them to be comfortable. My current ones really excel in that aspect atleast. But I do want them to sit around the ears, the ones that sit on top of the ears aren´t that great to wear for longer periods in my subjective opinion.

Budget would be from HD595 (I bought them for around 150 euro two years ago and they´re still in that area even now) and up to around 300.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sennheiser HD595 compliment

I'd go for a closed back pair of headphones, as this generally enhances bass response.

The Beyerdynamic DT770 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 would both be excellent choices (also currently our two best sellers).