COMPLY NR-10I or BEYERDYNAMIC MMX100

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by mdss, Jul 25, 2011.

1. mdss

mdss New Member

Hi,

I am looking to spend up to £100 on In ear headphones that double up as a hands free kit for a htc. Out of the 2 mentioned which would you recommend. I tend to listen to a variety of music from R&B to acoustic guitar to classical.

Also if there is something else you would recommend then would be happy to hear.

I should add that over the ear is no good as it won't fit under my turban

Thanks

Bobby

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Bobby

Which HTC do you have? Not every model works the same:)

3. mdss

mdss New Member

Desire HD

Thanks

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

This is a really good phone from an audio perspective because the jack socket works in the same basic way as MP3 players the iPhone (without the volume function of the 3 button remote) and the Blackberry (in general). A normal earphone with mic and Multi Function Button (MFB) will operate properly with this model.

The two mentioned earphones are both really quite nice and have certainly both ranked well with users, I prefer the MMX100 which seems to strike a chord with most fans of contemporary music. They have a calm and relaxed sound with plenty of space and seem to be pitched really well by revealing plenty more than the average sub £100 IEM. These would be a good choice because whilst they are warm and work extremely well with Contemporary music they are not too far down the bass heavy path to not work with Classical. Still as the Comply NR-10i
    is a nice bit of kit with similar general feel if you had a go and liked them I would not be surprised.

I would pick MMX100 over the Klipsch S4i which is an obvious other choice. The S4i has a bit less detail and is a bit warmer.

Hope that helps:)