Comply tips for Klipsch Image S4i earphones?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Lowadmin, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Lowadmin

Lowadmin New Member

Hi,

I have a set of Ultimate Ears 700 Noise-Isolating Earphones, but although I've been very happy with the sound, the wires have come away from both the jack and one of the earbuds after less than a year's use.

So I'm now looking for a new set, with similar sound quality - but more robust. And, as I now primarily use them with an iPhone it would be great to a pair with a mic/controller too.

After a little research, it looks like the Klipsch Image S4i earphones may be a reasonable equivalent, but it's not clear to me if I can use Comply tips with them - which is a key thing for me. Can you advise?

And do you have any alternative suggestions to replace my UE700's? I'd rather keep the cost below three figures if possible, but might stretch that slightly for the perfect solution...

Thanks.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Lowadmin

The Klipsch S4i is a different sounding earphone. It's softer sounding and less fizzy with a big warm feel to the sound, less of a harsh smile curve to the EQ and less detail going on at the top.

S4i fit the Comply tip size T-100.:)

3. Lowadmin

Lowadmin New Member

Thanks Robin.

In that case would you have any suggestions for what I could replace my my UE 700s with?

My basic spec would be similar sound, more robust cable, iPhone mic/controller, use with Comply tips, £100 (give or take a bit).

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

If you can get a Klipsch X10i for a similar price I'm sure you would like that, they used to be £200 but I have seen them for as little as £100. The UE700 should have been about £150 so it's hard to find something simailar for £100.

Another you might like would be the Shure 315, a bit more stable at the top so less splashy with cymbals.:)

5. Lowadmin

Lowadmin New Member

Thanks Robin - very useful to know. I'll investigate!