Confused..?? Best Closed Back for upto £200

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by tigger72, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tigger72

tigger72 New Member

Hi Guys..My first post here so please be gentle...
    I am looking for a pair of closed back headphones upto £200 to replace my broken Denon AH-D1100. I really love the sound of these headphones, but I do not want to purchase another pair because they appear to have a major weakness with the plastic earcup swivel hinge, which will crack and break over time..
    I am currently using a pair of Senhheiser HD215 which sound really crystal clear, but I do miss the bass emphasis. I do not want heavy emphasis like the Beats series..
    I am looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50, but I have read that these have been revised, so unsure...
    The phones will not be used through an amp (so that puts the Denon AH-D2000 out of the picture)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I have two suggestions based on what you have said. Both give better resolution and detail than the M50 or the other two you mentioned whilst having nice deep bass. Both are also much tougher than your Denons:)

Beyerdynamic Custom One

GermanMAESTRO GMP 8.35d

Normally you would get more waffle out of me but I really think you should give the Beyers a go!:)

Alternatively, have a browse through our top 10 best headphones list. This contains reviews of our favourite headphones, both open and closed back.