Convenient headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by damien, Jul 30, 2010.

1. damien

damien New Member

Hi all,

Thanks for holding this forum.
    I have an unusual query as it is more about convenience than quality of sound (even if 2 in 1 would be great).

I would like to find in-ear headphones with the following:
    - Symmetrical cable (it is way more discrete than assymmetrical which kind of pops out your ears, and are usually too long so that the cable is all around your neck)
    - two times 0.6meter cable (this is just brilliant, as you choose 0.6 or 1.2m alongside what you wear and where you can put your MP3 player)
    - soft ear tips (sometimes these are really painful)

Does such headphones exists ?

Many thanks for your help,

Damien

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Hi Damien... welcome to the forum!

The only earphones I can think of that fit all of your requirements are those from the Shure IEM range. Shure IEMs have symmetrical cables fitted with extensions (cable length/with extension: 45cm / 136cm) and are fitted with soft foam ear tips. The Shure SE115 is a particularly good choice at a sensible price.

There are plenty of headphones that have symmetrical cables and can be fitted with Comply Foam ear tips (even softer and more comfortable than Shure foam tips), but Shure are the only ones I can think of with the cabling split in two as you require.