Custom Earphone Sleeves

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by burton, Oct 25, 2012.

1. burton

burton New Member

Hi,

I buy Comfy Foamtips for my X10's and was wondering about purchasing some sleeves so I wouldn't have to make any more purchasing.

But I would like to know is the cost of having something like this done worth it long term?

Thanks

Tom

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Custom Sleeves are amazing. They give better isolation, normally improve your earphones a little (as the sleeves are made to closer tolerances of where the earphone should be accurately positioned to give the best sound) and are more comfortable for long periods of time.

There are down sides though. Fistly they are quite pricey! Secondly they take about 3 - 5 weeks to make, thirdly they are likely to only fit one earphone, so you are stuck with your choice of earphone from then on. The last, but not least, consideration is that they are likely to only fit you for 4 years as your ears grow throughout your life.

Custom Earphone Sleeves for Standard Earphones
    £119.95 - Including the audiology and impressions.

If none of the above bothers you then Custom Sleeves are great.:)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  3. burton

burton New Member

Hmmmm

There are some pros and cons there then Robin, but I think the pros out weigh the cons, I don't see myself changing away from the X10's any time soon. But I do go through the foam tips quickly with a lot of usage so I think I would break even in a year.

I have had a quote locally done for around £100 so I may go for this.

Thanks for you time.