Custom Sleeves

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by 2tricky, Jul 20, 2010.

1. 2tricky

2tricky New Member

Jul 6, 2010

I recently purchased from yourselves the Phonak PFE Perfect Bass earphones, and the sound from them is to me, superb, more so when used with comply foam tips. What I'm wondering is if it would make any more difference if I went for the ACS custom sleeves. I would think that from a comfort point of view it would, but also would isolate better. If so, my next question would be, is it even possible with these, as I don't see the Phonaks on the compatibility list?

Many thanks

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Custom sleeves for Phonak Audeo PFE

Yep, the Phonak Audeo PFE is a really impressive earphone. Comply Foam ear tips give the perfect seal needed to ensure that the sound is directed into the ear without any leakage.

Fitting custom sleeves to the PFE will probably only make small differences to the sound.

I found that custom sleeves fitted to my Sennheiser IE8 brought out a little extra mid-range clarity, due possibly to the fact that the sleeves funnel the sound right into the ear canal. The IE8 is quite a bass dominant headphone, so the extra clarity was really very welcome. Comply Foam tips on the IE8 seem to make the IE8 even more warm and bassy, which I don't really get on with.

Sound isolation and comfort at the two main reasons for choosing custom sleeves. Comfort is truly excellent for long listening sessions (once they warm up to body temperature - normally takes about 10 mins).