CX500 disappointment..Need advice, please..

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by dukkha, Aug 26, 2010.

1. dukkha

dukkha New Member

Aug 26, 2010

I've just joined this forum and would be grateful for any advice on in-earphones. I've bought three Sennheiser CX500 in the past 6 month and they all stopped working (one ear gone) within less than two months. I'm not sure if they are fake ( from Amazon market place), I guess they, probably, are, but I love the CX500 and tried my luck again n again. I'm very short of money and can't keep buying earphones all the time. Can anyone recommend in-earphones that are as comfortable as the CX500 (I sleep with them!), I use mainly for audio books, not for music and my main concern is, after comfort, durability and price. I'm hoping not to pay more than about £25. I heard about the SoundMagic PL11 but I think they are over the ear? If so I don't know they're good for sleep with.

And where can we buy genuine Sennheiser earphones? In case I take the risk again...

Thank you!
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Dukkha,

It is very likely that these CX500's bought from Amazon market place are fakes as real Sennheisers have a very low return rate and if they are real this fault should be covered under Sennheisers 2 year Warranty.

Soundmagic PL11 are a normal cable down fit and do not have to be worn over the ears making them a prime contender, they even sound quite similar to the CX range.

Buying from a reputable company that you have heard of is a great idea - someone like who I hear are lovely people;)

...but seriously headphones have a Warranty and it is just laziness that is stopping some companies from looking after their customers. You might pay a little more (or even the correct RRP price) but at least you know it will be a genuine item and you have support and back up.