D10 arrived, now what

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by NicD, Oct 9, 2009.

1. NicD

NicD New Member

OK, my lovely D10 amp has arrived, complete with little set of rolling op amps

plus the usb into my macbook, and .... nothing

OK, so the line in works, but I need a tos link/mini jack adapter for the optical, but i expected the usb to work.

Any suggestions?

Nic

2. NicD

NicD New Member

OK, usb working

Right, some basic investigation, found the sound page and routed output to the D10

sounds good even with these Bose phones.

So, with optical in, will quality improve? will have to check this out, but need an adapter first

what what are the op amps in their little case for?

Nic

3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

iBasso D10 on the Mac

Hey Nic... did you get the iBasso D10 working on your Mac in the end?

It's my understanding that the optical/coax input is a more steady input (less jitter) than USB. With USB there is an asynch connection with the computer and the iBasso has to clean up any jitter. I have not tested whether it is audible or not.

Take a look at the following link for OPAMP/buffer rolling info:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/blogs/sasaki/503-ibasso-d10-impression-aka-opamp-rolling-journal.html

4. NicD

NicD New Member

D10 works fine

sorry for late reply, yes, the usb connection turned out to be very simple - just had to set the sound device to be the usb port

It works very well, absolutely no stability issues, i thought sounded slightly better than using the TOS link and much more convenient since the usb also charges the D10 battery