Decent Noise Isolating/Canceling Headset

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by RikiRufus, Oct 17, 2011.

1. RikiRufus

RikiRufus New Member

Hi,
    Im looking for a really good noise isolating/canceling headet to be used mowing the lawn and using noisy equipment. I dont mind paying up to £100 for a pair. I'm not too bothered about style either, as long as the sound quality is reasonable. I just want as much noise blocked as possible.

On a different note I have a pair of UE Super.fi 5Pro which need a replacement cable, but I see on some sites that there is an old and new socket type, do I need to get the old type?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi RikiRufus

Noise Cancellers work far better at cancelling bottom end than higher frequencies, luckily a lot of the most irritating sounds are quite low down. Noise cancellers give passive protection with closed back cups but also use one of sounds interesting properties to electronically cancel out external noise. All noise cancellers basically work in the same way and results are similar, build quality really does improve isolation so they do tend to get more expensive quite quickly.

If I wanted a pair I would get these -

Blackbox M10 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
    £99.95

The electronics are superb and the small neat folding design is comfy whilst allowing them to be trully portable. Spending a little more than this is unlikely to improve sound or isolation much as the build quality is great for the price.

If you could post a picture of your UE Super.fi 5Pro socket I can tell you if our in stock cables fit. I thought this fitting had always been the same.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011