decent TV/movie/gaming headphones for around £35

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by groovebiscuit, Aug 31, 2011.

1. groovebiscuit

groovebiscuit New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I am looking for a new set of headphones that I can use for watching TV/movies and playing video games once the family have gone to bed.

I'm looking to spend around £35. I'd prefer closed headphones but I'm open to other suggestions.

However it should be noted that I often eat while I am watching a movie and I've found in ear headphones cause me to hear/feel when I am chewing :/.

What would you recommend?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi groovebiscuit

I am sure you will not be surprised to hear that you don't get all the bells and whistles for £35, but there are some very usable and clear headphones available.

These are particularly impressive and are often used with PCs or games consoles so that two or more people can share a space.

Sennheiser HD202-II Closed-Back Headphones (HD 202-II)
    £32.95

or these

Pioneer SE-MJ21-K Foldable Closed Back Street Style Headphones
    £32.95

which are a really nice size for travelling as well.

I might go for these

Audio Technica ATH-T300 Closed Back HiFi Headphones (T300)
    £35.95

Very comfy, impressive sound at this price - Hopefully one of these is similar to what you imagined getting -

If however you want something a bit more colourful have a look at WeSC Oboe Headphones - most are under £35.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  3. groovebiscuit

groovebiscuit New Member

Yeah, I know it's not a huge budget for headphones but the ones you've recommended look good. The Audio Technica ones look great; I might go with those but I'll do some more research first.

Thanks so much for your advice.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

You Are welcome:) feel free to ask more detailed questions if it helps.