Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600 vs AH-D2000

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by luca123, Apr 20, 2015.

1. luca123

luca123 New Member

Hi

I ask this question only for curiosity.

5 years ago I purchased the Denon AH-D5000 and until it will not broken I will never leave it (I have 4 hear pads replaced to use my hardphone for more then 15 years).

This headphone with my audio hi-end system is a very good combination.

Some week ago I purchased the Donon AH-D600 (ex demo for 180 Euro shipping included) for computer only (games, youtube, occasional flac listen).

At first I was think to purchased the Denon AH-D2000 but in the last year the price was increased.

I was compared my AH-D5000 with AH-D600 and I' am very disappointed about the AH-D600 on all aspects.

Yes, I don't need particular quality for computer use like my separate audio system but to be honest I was expected something better.

Only with some change position of the acuoustic optimizer the situation is slightly improved.

The AH-D5000 don't have never to do with AH-D600, the sound is different and all differents is only worse.

My questions is:

how the AH-D2000 are better than AH-D600 ?

Are similar quality ?

The AH-D600 are not a cheap headphone (400 Euro) but my impression is that Denon was put on the market a new series with orrible performance comparted to old series.

How this affermation is true or not ?

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The real expert on those Denons is Edd of the NobleHiFi review site. Google his site and check his reviews.