Denon AHD600, any good compared to bose QC25

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Notion, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Notion

Notion New Member

Oct 7, 2014
    iHi ,

I recently bought a pair of Bose QC25 and thought they sounded great, but was concerned about the pressure sensation on the ears also the fact that i did not really need noise cancelling. So i returned the headphones and i am looking for a good all round sound with a good stage and clear throughout. I love listening to all types of music from classical to irish folk to pop, ok not so much into jazz.

The headphones that i am replacing are my AKG K550, which i felt really missed out on the bass low mids side of things.. also if you try and add the depth through EQ it completely through out the sound throughout.. so kind of disappointed with them to be honest. very flat sound.. The bose QC25 i liked but felt they are over priced for rnot really needing NC.

I then came across the denon ahd600 at a great price.. but i am not sure about the reviews.. Some say the bass on the akg550 was great but i feel it is just too week and none existent. so for people to say the bass is too much on the denon adh600 i am cautious as to whether it would love them or hate them and would like some advice as to what headphones would be good for my listening from what i have explained.

bose QC25 sound or better but for under 200.

would denon be a good bet for £160?

any other suggestions are welcome and advice on which to get.

i guess i like detail sound good stage, warmer sound, bea bel to hear definition in the different sounds throughout the spectrum. :)

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    It looks like you got a bargain price on the Denon - just make sure they are genuine and not a clone.