DJ Headphones up to £250

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Perry, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Perry

Perry New Member

I'm looking for a set of DJ headphones with a max budget of £250 (£150 ideally)

I'm not fussed about detailed sound quality as I play live.

Build quality is my top priority.

I've seen the Pioneer HDJ 2000 but not tried them. Are they worth the price?

I tried a search but "DJ" was removed from the search.

Many thanks in advance.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

DJ headphones

DJ Headphones Mix Headphones

This is where I would look. Try sorting the list by "Price high to low", and you will see my favorite right at the top.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Perry,

I have tried these but it was a while back. We are getting them into stock in the very near future! We loved this headphone when we tried it - not everybody is allowed to sell them so they are few and far between. If you are a big Dance music and/or Hip Hop fan you will love these but they work with all kinds of music - they are the best DJ headphone I have tried. As I say it was a while ago but they made a big impression.:)

4. Perry

Perry New Member

Many thanks for the prompt replys.

Can you confirm that you are referring to the Sennheiser HD25-1 II (Adidas).

If yes, then I'm a happy bunny as they've already caught my eye.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Senn Adidas

Yes! That's the ticket.

6. UndefinedMemory

UndefinedMemory New Member

Those are a great pair of headphones. Unless the purchase is urgent, keep in mind that they've just announced a new version of the HD-25 ii at CES. I haven't seen much in the way of review/pricing yet but you may want to try to pick up the new model.

Also, the HD-25 ii have quite a high clamping force. Their sound quality is top notch and they have excellent isolation but they aren't as comfortable for long periods of time. I bought a pair for a friend for christmas and he loves them but he only really uses them when he's out and about because they get uncomfortable if he has them on for a long time. I picked up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350 headphones last year. Without additional amplification they don't have the bass level that the Sennheiser's do, but they're very clear and the instrument separation is amazing. They're more expensive but also more comfortable than the HD-25 ii, with still excellent isolation, and the build quality is imprressive. Metal components all round, and they come with a quality hardcase, which the Sennheiser's do not.

7. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator