E10s vs. other options

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by CharlieClown, Jun 5, 2013.

1. CharlieClown

CharlieClown New Member

My E10s have given up the ghost (to a degree). As seems common with the older models, the body has split in two and my efforts to glue together has dampened the sound in one ear (I think the glue has permeated the little hole that I assume allows air to flow in and out of the chamber).

Anyway, heartened to see the manufacturing flaw has been fixed so I'm more than likely to put another order in but, before I do so, I was wondering how the Audiofly AF33 and RHA MA350 compare? Generally, I would want a good, accurate reproduction of sound across the spectrum i.e. not bass focused.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi CharlieClown

If your SoundMAGIC E10 are less than a year old you can get a new one under warranty - get in contact if that is the case - if not it is new IEM time:)

If you really enjoyed the sound of the E10 then the RHA MA350 is closer in sound than the Audiofly AF33 but both are great choices. All three of these companies have a small and audio obscessed design team who are plugged in to what we as music listeners are expecting for our money. The AF33 and the MA350 both have a little extra power at the bottom (just like the E10) but not enough to make them unbalanced or for the bass to dominate the lower mids - just enough to give them a warmer tone. The AF33 is really compelling, just more different from the E10 than the MA350.

Hope that helps!

3. CharlieClown

CharlieClown New Member

Thanks Robin.

Pretty sure my order was just over 12 months ago. I can't find anything for HiFiHeadphones on my credit card statement for that period anyway. I purchased over the phone so I don't have an e-mail confirmation of the order either. Hey ho.

Did a little extra research and will probably stick with the E10s. Seemed to be a few -ve comments on the build quality of the Audioflys; I was tempted by the RHAs but, as they're similar to the E10s plus there's the odd comment about cable noise, I'll stick with what I know.

I'll call in the next couple of days to order...think these will be my 4th order from you :)

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Make sure you check with us when you order if they were over a year old! We will have the details of the purchase and it is no problem to get you a new one if we can under warranty. :)