Earphone advice please

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by philberg, May 11, 2011.

1. philberg

philberg New Member

May 11, 2011
    I'm looking for pair of reasonably priced i.e. under £60.00 in-ear phones which must have:
    a) A short/long cord combination i.e. supplied with adaptor and extension cord.
    b) cords to ear pieces must be symmetrical.
    c) in-line mic for use as head set useful but not essential.

My current phones are Etymotic HF-3 so that's my quality benchmark although I don't necessarily expect the above to be of this quality.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks, Philberg
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Philberg

For answers to questions like this the Ask The Experts forum section is probably the best place to post.

It is unusual for an inexpensive in ear to have a two part cable or any in ear for that matter. Shure used to supply some models with a two part cable but on more expensive models. A really great headphone may be compromised by extra connections so it is an unlikely edition as this works against pleasing the consumer. With a less expensive earphone it is an unnecessary extra production cost - I am sure you have a specific plan for this unit but as most would not use such a facility it may be hard to track down.

Most in ears have a 120cm - 150cm cable which is not long really. If that is short enough you could add a short extension cable.

Budget Headphone Extension Cable 3.5mm Female to 3.5mm Male 1.5m

They don't get much shorter than that though.