earphone for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Smartphone

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by shamik77, Aug 5, 2012.

1. shamik77

shamik77 New Member

I am not satisfied with the sound quality of my Samsung Galaxy y headphone.
    I need a better headphone (in-the-ear) which is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Y mobile phone.
    As I'm a music lover, I like to have exellent corded headphone for my mobile set.
    Please suggest me some great Galaxy Y compatible corded in-the-ear headphones (preferably Sony, as I am a Sony fan) for me.
    ]I suppose, I need a 3.5 mm 4 conductor plug with the headphone.

With regards
    Mr. Shamik Ghosh

2. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

My reccomendations and advoiding a problem

Depends on budget but here are two options:
    £20.00 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cygnett-Raz...5RES/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1344244267&sr=8-6

£66.00 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynami...8Y0U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344244295&sr=8-2

Both are great in-ear headphones for the price. I have owned both in the past.
    Any headphones without a mic should work. The reason ones with mics dont is that samsung have blocked out third party manufacturers but changing the hardware. A standard with mic jackplug has the mic ring at the end (4th of 4) but samsung has made it so their phones only work if the mic is 3rd of 4 rings. If you want a mic then sorry but your stuck with buying from samsung.

3. shamik77

shamik77 New Member

Thank U Cyclops

Dear friend Cyclops,
    Your reply is very helpful to me. Now I understand why other headphones with mic don't work with my samsung galaxy y phone.

After reading ur suggestion I have discarded the idea of buying headphone with mic.

I have shortlisted some Sony headphones. Sony's are easily available at my place and I can get a live demo by visiting local sony stores. Thus I can be sure if the particular headphone works for me or not. Other brands are not easy to get.

MDR-EX60LP
    MDR-XB21EX
    XBA-1
    MDR-XB41EX
    DR-EX14VP

Some Philips,Sheinheiser, Skullcandy, Soundmagic, Creative modells are availble in local online sites.But I don't have the oppurtunity to get a live demo in their case.

Please give me some idea.

Thank u again.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. shamik77

shamik77 New Member

Isn't there any special converter plug available which can change the odd samsung connector for a normal 4-connector?

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

This might be what you are looking for.

6. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Thanks for the adapter post. I have had lots of trouble in the past with headphone compatability.

7. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

No Problem:D