Earphone tip sizing

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by thehogester, Dec 5, 2011.

1. thehogester

thehogester New Member

This may be a stupid question, but i'll give it a go anyway :)

I've recently dug out my old Sony MDR-EX71's as I've just got a new job which involves a bit of a walk to and from my car.

Back on track though, i cant work out which size tip is best for me. I always thought the large one was best for me, but it just seems to be falling out all the time. I cant work out whether its the material or that they're too big for my ears. Im going to try the mediums tomorrow, and i may post and update if anyone is bothered enough to read this nonsense lol!

I like the look of the Comply tips that you sell, and i think they may be just what i need. Once again though, im not sure what size would be best for me.

Also i may get some SoundMAGIC E10s soon, although i may hold out for the mic version. Im keeping my eyes peeled for updates on those!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

3. thehogester

thehogester New Member

Thanks for that! Im just not sure what size to order, eg S/M/L. Well i know im not S, but i cant decide on M or L. Any tips on determining the best size? As i said, neither seem to fit that great.

4. HarpingOn

HarpingOn New Member

Sorry to hijack, but I have the same problem on some Sennheiser MM30i headphones.

The medium tip that comes with them is /about/ the best, but it doesn't really get a good seal, so the bass suffers.

Which comply tip do I need for these? The comply website itself doesn't list the MM30i as a headphone model, although one may presume perhaps the other MM sets from Senn would be the same.

Same question about comply tip sizes though - they're not throw-away cheap, so I'd like to make sure I get the correct size. A set of S/M/L would perhaps resolve it one way or the other, but there's going to be at least two wasted sets in that.

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator