Earphones upto £60

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by jimmyb, Nov 17, 2008.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb New Member

My second set of Sony EX71's have broken (in the space of a year) so I'm on the look out for an upgraded set.

I listen to dance music and a lot of podcasts too. The Sony's were quite comfortable to wear in bed so I was wondering what you would recommend that would stand up to the abuse of being slept with in while delivering good quality sound.

My budget is up to the £60 mark.

Many thanks for your help,

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Headphones upto £60

Below is a selection of earphones that we can recommend under the £60 point:

Sennheiser CX500 - Good bass response. Good build quality. Large earphone body does cause problems with smaller ears.

Goldring GX200 - Good bass response (especially with the supplied Comply Foam eartips). Comfortable (again with Comply Foam eartips). Good fit, even for smaller ears. Build quality not as good as Sennheiser.

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio - Very robust build quality (including replaceable cables). Very secure pro-loop, over ear fit system (although may protrude from the ear too much to sleep with). Very balanced sound with excellent levels of detail and clarity (although less bass response than Sennheiser and Goldring).

Shaun

3. jimmyb

jimmyb New Member

I have to say I like the look of the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3's. The robust build quality is needed the way I treat earphones!