Fiio E10 or other with B&W P3 from Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by Fatgigi, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Fatgigi

Fatgigi New Member

Hello All

I have only recently started to venture into the world of high quality music and I am currently learning about portable amps. I own a pair of bowers and wilkins p3 and I listen to music on the go and at home. I have been reading much about portable amps dac and from what I understand these amps are supposed to take your music to the next level especially when compared to the default laptop amps. I own a macbook pro 2010 and I have never tried listening to music using an amp. I have been reading around and apparently a Fiio E10 amp would be a good place to start for someone who enjoys music but is not a audiophile nut.

Would you recommend purchasing an amp like the e10 fiio to use on y macbook 2010 with my B&W p3's or would I not hear much of a difference?

Thank you.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The FiiO E10 would make a small improvement, yes. To appreciate that difference you should listen for some time with the E10 and then without it, because for some people the difference is very subtle.

3. Fatgigi

Fatgigi New Member

I ask because I am reading about all these review from people who bought the Fiio E10 and use it from their laptops and say the difference is really there. But I was wondering if I needed perhaps higher level headphones with higher potential to catch such improvements...

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The better headphones do help, but what really shows off the difference are high resolution music tracks.