FiiO E17 to PC

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by The Waddon, Jun 18, 2012.

1. The Waddon

The Waddon New Member

Hi,

A little help please. Connected my E17 to PC as normal. Connected for an hour. When I disconnected the E17 it went completely 'dead'. It refused to turn 'on'.

After I depressed the 'reset' button I was able to turn it on. Can anyone think of a reason for this? Has never happened before and indeed after this episode I reconnected E17 to the PC and after disconnection it remained on as normal. Only setting changes at time were 12db gain and USB charging in 'on' mode.

Would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

That's really odd - if you continue to have a problem you should return it as it could be a charging fault.

3. The Waddon

The Waddon New Member

All Sorted

Robin - thank you for your comment. I have solved the problem though. I notice that if the E17 is switched off and then the lock button engaged then it will not power 'on' until the lock button is disengaged. i must have done this by mistake when disconnecting it on that occassion.

4. RobinHiFi

Nice to know you resolved this quickly - panic can set in when you get a new item and it doesn't seem to work properly. If you buy from us and need any help just give us a call:D

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

FiiO E17 arrived, unpacked - looks very nice, like a shiny piece of black jewelry. The sound is definitely that of a genuine USB DAC - amazing detail that any decent headphone can take advantage of. Full report later...

6. RobinHiFi

Excellent, hope you're enjoying it - such an impressive bit of kit for the price, I really like the work they have done on the outside too, very disirable!:)