FiiO E5 Review at TrustedReviews.com

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by Shaun-HiFi, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

The FiiO E5 headphone amplifier just got a glowing review at TrustedReviews.com and they rather liked it. In fact they liked the E5 so much they awarded the entry level amp the coveted 'TrustedReviews Recommended' seal.

[​IMG]

Below are a few extracts from the review:

"The output seems cleaner and brighter, with a pleasant, rich tone in the mid and upper range. Sound is much richer and more lively than it was, and the results with classical music are nigh on dazzling."

"Solid audio output for such a ludicrously cheap headphone amp. While your mileage will vary depending on your 'phones, its well worth giving the E5 a try if you find your existing setup lacks power."

[​IMG]
    FiiO E5 Headphone Amp with iPod Nano

Read the full 4 page review of the FiiO E5 at the following link:

FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier Review - MP3 Reviews - TrustedReviews

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  2. garlleg

garlleg New Member

Wonder how these would work with a set of ue triple fi pro's ? I'm already very pleased with the way the triple fi's sound and as they have a low impedence too I don't know if it would make any difference at all ? For £20 thought it may be worth a look, but thought i'd see if anyone has tried this amp with ue earphones first ?

What a cool little gadget for the price anyway

Dan

Edit: Found this review on HeadFi,
    http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/pictorial-impression-fiio-e5-sample-vs-final-product-382627/ and sounds like using e5 and tf go well togeather,

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

FiiO E5 Review

The Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro is a very sensitive earphone and definitely doesn't NEED to amped.

As the graphs on that Head-fi.org review show, the FiiO E5 does give a good improvement in bass response. This effect can be quite pleasing and as you say for 20 quid it can be fun to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  4. garlleg

garlleg New Member

Yea, it was looking at the graph that I thought it would be nice to simply be able to boost the lows for listening to certain songs, I wouldn't bother using the amp was in flat mode as I doubt i'd notice the difference, but that bass mode definately seems to be a handy feature to have at times

5. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

I am actually owner of both. E5 make a little warm feeling and slight improvement in bass response into the sound.
    For the money you cannot go wrong. The Triple.fi might deserve a real amplifier but with E5 you will get a good felling until you may decide wanting something better.
    Btw I like my E5. Only slight hiss bother me but other than that I’m happy.

6. garlleg

garlleg New Member

Hi Saiyajin !

Thanks for your input, just what I was looking for.

Dan