First venture into audiophile territory!

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by 1865, Aug 30, 2011.

1. 1865

1865 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi there, first post so be friendly!

I've long been devoted to music but rarely have I ever had the money/justification to invest in any serious quality equipment. I'm starting to think about dipping my toe in the water soon though and i thought i'd start with a decent pair of headphones at last.

They'd generally be used on the train, plane or just lying around my apartment and mostly used with my iPhone or laptop. The sound quality (to my untrained ears) on the former sounds impeccable and my laptop has (apparently) got a powerful HD audiocard or something like that.

I'm not really looking to spend anything more than....say, £80 on them and would like over-ear ones for serious listening, so what would you recommend? I don't think noise-cancelling ones will be necessary unless it's a good deal. I just want them to be a decent build and of crystal quality.

Thanks in advance experts!
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi 1865,

Ultrasone HFI-450 Closed-Back Foldable Headphones (HFI 450)

I would imagine these would suit really well. They are full size (so around the ear) but are not too big or heavy and also fold. These would work well in the house or out and about and they are pretty impressive sound as Ultrasone do not do average sounding!