focals buzzing ...

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by lukeyboy, Dec 25, 2012.

1. lukeyboy

lukeyboy New Member

Evening guys...

So I've just got some focal spirit ones for Xmas... look lovely. However when I'm listening to music, loud, quiet, different genres and especially speaking there's a crackling over the music ... i've tried different phones and mp3 players and it's the same ... are they faulty? I feel bad for saying anything because they were a present......

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Make sure the detachable cord is securely plugged in all the way, and also try plugging the headphone into other music players or computers. Also try the 3 buttons on the control to see if that's a problem. Lastly see if there's a hair or anything like that sticking into a driver, if that's possible.

3. lukeyboy

lukeyboy New Member

Hi..
    I've tried with different mp3s... pushed and rotated the cord... the 3 buttons aren't on the standard mp3s lead, only on the amp lead, it'll be it'll be fairly annoying if that's the issue because I want them for the gym not at home... and I can't get to row drivers because it's sealed, I don't really want to go breaking in incase it voids the warranty :/

Could it be a case of bedding them in?

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Although it sounds unlikely do try to look for hairs sticking in the drivers as Dale said. It is hard to believe that something so small can make so much noise but they really do! If you have tried everything suggested and you are still getting rattling noises it sounds like they are faulty - if the rattling is always the same no matter the source or the volume and it isn't hair or something trapped on the driver surface then they are unfortunately faulty:( Hope it is a hair though.