Frends womens' headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by dalethorn, Nov 6, 2012.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I got the larger one ('Taylor') from the Apple store, and while it's advertised as a fashionable headphone for women (for Holiday gift giving no doubt), I would not give such an ugly-sounding device to anyone. There are several headphones at the Apple store I don't like because they are so far off of the high fidelity curve that they're not fixable with i-device EQ (headphones made for iPods and iPhones), yet the Taylor is in a class by itself, having such an irregular midrange that the distortions seem to move around with different music tracks. As fashion, the Taylor is very low-cost jewelry, having a minimal build and very scratchable outer earcups. Not recommended for that either.

Collection - We Are Frends

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Wow, this does not sound good!

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I listed this only because it's now a major item in Apple stores, and what with the headphone rack space being so limited in Apple stores, getting your headphone featured there is quite a coup. There may be an interesting story here eventually, or not. I remember the Marshall headphones made an appearance in the stores, and while they unique and interesting, the sound wasn't all that good and they disappeared. I really wish Marshall could come back with a better headphone, because their name and design is so closely tied to the famous guitar amps. On a related note of newer items making the shelf at Apple, the Beats Executive has been heavily discussed as the next great thing for that brand, and while people are suggesting that the brand is improving in sound quality, the Executive I heard was significantly worse than their previous efforts. C'est la vie.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

It makes me feel sad that the Beats are very expensive and still don't sound good! This just seems disrespectful as there are so many great headphones to choose from which are actually cheaper. I don't mind the emphasis on the way they look but at these prices they should sound great too - £270 in the UK, that's $432 US!!!:mad: