Full Size Headphones ~ £60

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by city17, Jun 2, 2011.

1. city17

city17 New Member

I'm looking to buy a decent pair of headphones on a budget of roughly £60. I'm obviously not looking for/expecting anything outstanding but I want to make sure I get the best I can for the money and was hoping that someone here will be able to give me some recommendations, as the sheer number of headphones out there is quite overwhelming.

My main requirement is for them to be comfortable for regular use for many hours. I wear glasses, if that makes a difference. I'd be using them for watching films, listening to a wide variety of music, VoIP (using a separate microphone that I already own) and gaming, so a decent, general use set of headphones is what I'm after. Something fairly bassy would be good too so from what my research suggests closed headphones would be best?

I don't know a lot about headphones and I know I'm asking for a lot on a small budget, but like I said I don't need anything amazing or of audiophile satisfying quality, just the best value I can get that does what I'd like decently. Thank you in advance for any replies, any help is appreciated!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi City17

At this budget these would represent superb value for money.

Shure SRH240 Professional Closed Back Headphones (SRH 240)
    £59.95

Well built, 2 year Warranty and great sounds. Most headphones at this price will suffer in one area but these really don't have any big problems. You will often find that there is a lack of bass at this price point, although I would not call these bass monsters the bass is satisfying and accurate and not lacking although you may want to dial in more to taste with the EQ on the source device.

I Hope that helps:)