Good headphones

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by woknad, Nov 24, 2008.

1. woknad

woknad New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I was just wondering if you could recommend me some headphones.

I listen to a lot of orchestral music, piano music, music from films and musicals. and from what i gather different headphones are better for different music preferences.

I have only ever had headphones that have cost around 10-15 quid from local electronics store but I'm looking for a fairly good pair now.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction for the headphones I need!
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Good Hi-FI headphones

It's not quite clear from your post whether you are looking for full size headphones or in-ear headphones. I'll presume that you are looking for full size headphones for listening at home.

Goldring and Grado headphones are both good choices. Grado headphones have a more energetic and 'up front' sound than the Goldrings and really do bring music to life. I personally have a pair of iGrado headphones for portable use, which have the same drivers as the Grado SR60.

Audio-Technica is another excellent headphone brand. They are the market leader in Japan and introduced their range to the UK about a year and half ago. Audio-Technica headphones have a very open and natural characteristic to their sound. The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 is a truly excellent headphone for the money and has won a number of audio industry awards. There sound signature suits classical and orchestral music well.

If you would like to discuss your options further please do call us on 0800 756 9564.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008