Guidance please

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Gamichea, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Gamichea

Gamichea New Member

Looking to get some IEMs for my Nexus 7. My listening is jazz (most genres), early music (period instruments) and 70s/80s rock/pop.
    I am drawn towards the Phonak 112 and Grado iGi. Can you offer a steer on which of these would best complement my musical tastes or suggest alternatives?
    I have to say I am a little wary of over ear cabling thinking it could be fiddly in use. The IEMs will not be used during physical activity.
    Would Comply tips be a worthwhile addition to the Phonaks or Grados or any suggested alternative?

Thanks in advance.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Gamichea

The Phonaks would be a great choice as they are really good with detail, stereo imaging and sound stage. The Comply tips are great as they isolate better than the silicone ones but you might as well wait to see if you get on with the normal tips first. Comply tips will fix any fit problems you have. Wearing earphones cable up has many advantages but there is only one way to find out if you like it or not, feels odd at first but I feel weirder wearing earphones cable down now.

3. Gamichea

Gamichea New Member

Thanks Robin. The Phonaks it is then. I'll keep an eye on the site for when they come back in stock.