Gym headphones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by headphonejunky, Oct 16, 2009.

1. headphonejunky

headphonejunky New Member

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, you guys may have discussed this previously so apologies if I'm repeating the same thread but I'm looking for good in-ear headphones that will not fall out and keep a good seal whilst working out in the gym.

Does anyone currently use a good pair of earphones that they would recommend?

Thanks.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

There's a lady in the office here who goes to the gym regularly and swears by the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro with Comply Tips (to help with retention in the ear and also to keep out external noise). The Super.fi 3 Studio would work well too, but I find the bass response a little lacking on that model.

The SoundMAGIC PL30 is another safe option for gym headphones. The over ear cabling works very well and we've had lots of positive reports from customers using these for running and the gym. Comply Tips work well with these too.

3. headphonejunky

4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Custom sleeves for gym headphones

Yes, custom sleeves are the way to ensure a perfect fit. I have a pair of ACS Custom Sleeves for my Sennheiser IE8's and you there is no way they will fall out.

Interestingly we've just setup one of the journalists at Runners World magazine with a Sennheiser IE6 and custom sleeves. His review should be in the magazine very soon.

5. headphonejunky

Ah, great. Thanks for your help Shaun, I'll look out for the review before purchasing

6. Nfes64

Nfes64 New Member

What is your budget? What kind of sound do you like?