HD 410 earpads

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by oakchip, Feb 11, 2012.

1. oakchip

oakchip New Member

I have been looking for replacement parts (earpads) for my rather old Sennheiser HD 400 Headphones. The old ones are falling to bits! The Earpads are oval (main - long - axis vertical). All replacement parts are shown as circular. Will these fit? Are oval pads no longer available??

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. oakchip

oakchip New Member

Thanks for reading my post - and replying. Unfortunately the headphones in the U Tube video are Hi-Fi closed cell phones. The ones I have are open headphones, with foam ear pads. They were cheap (relatively!), and are designed for use with equipment with 3.5mm plug headphone outlet. The Sennheiser web site no longer lists them!

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

5. oakchip

oakchip New Member

Earpads

Thanks for your reply. I have also come across this website (though not the e-bay one). These pads are circular, with thin rims. The headphones I have are oval in shape, with only a small opening in the rear for the headband attachment. Not sure the ones in the website would really fit!!

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

HD-400(?) earpads

Since my searches were for the HD-400 model number, I can only conclude that the model number 400 must be wrong. I don't have any idea whether your earpads exist, but there is a reasonable probability we could find them if we could get a different model number, or a variation of that model number that had oval earpieces. Maybe HD-400-A, or HP-400, or something slightly different that indicates that specific headphone.

7. oakchip

oakchip New Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  8. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Senn 400

OK - I see the issue now. This is not one of the normal consumer headphones like the 414 or 424 etc. That special headband with that second round piece is some special edition for something I never saw before, and I had every consumer Sennheiser right up to the Hd-580.