1. itayalfia

itayalfia New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Hi, I have decided I want to buy HD595 headphones because ive heard they great with game and music. I have a ps3, and the headphones are only 50 ohm, so I wondering how my ps3 would drive them. I intend to use 3.5mm to rca female to male and rca female adapters to connect them to my ps3. Is it good enough for them or would I need an pricy amplifier to drive them well? Im only a rookie with all that have to do with headphones and stuff, so thanks in advance to all the answerers.
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Sennheiser HD595

The Sennheiser HD595 is a really good headphone and is one of the best available at it's price point. Another couple of headphones worth considering is the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 and AKG K-240 MKII. Both headphones are open back, so do leak sound in and out of the headphone.

All of the above are low impedance, so will even work OK with portable audio players like the iPod. You will get more detail resolution out of them all with a good source and headphone amp, but it's not a requirement.

I'm afraid I don't have details of the connectors on the PS3, but normally you would need a headphone output. If you have RCA phono connectors it's likely these are line outs (designed for connecting with an amplifier), which is set at a certain level and you would have no volume control.