Head and Earphone care

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Yurihellsing, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Yurihellsing

Yurihellsing Casual Listener

Ok as the title suggests just how do you go about caring for your Head or Earphones?

In terms of headphones keeping them clean and such what sort of wipes to use and what sort not to? As I know some cleaning chemicals could have adverse affects on the materials used and pads wash or flat out replace?

For earphones what's the best method to get them clean without buds and how to clean the buds?

Also Hi first post!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Obsessive Auditor

I've never "cleaned" a headphone, other than occasionally using a slightly damp cloth on pleather earpads. For other pad types or headbands, I've found that a gentle rub with a soft toothbrush works well. In some cases with fabric and velour pads I might dampen the toothbrush slightly, but no wet that can drip anywhere. You have to keep the drivers clean - never let moisture in, and if you sweat in the earcups, wipe them frequently. Don't let dust get into the drivers. Watch for any hairs that might stick into the drivers.