Head Direct RE0?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Yohn222, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Yohn222

Yohn222 New Member

Oct 17, 2010

Fairly new to all this; I'm looking to get a decent pair of IEMs for around £50/£60 and it seems like the RE0s are probably a decent shout from what I've read and for what I want.

I don't want a really 'bassy' (not quite up-to-speed on my terminology yet!) pair, just a good pair for listening to a range of music.

However, some reviews I've read say they're 'bass-light'. I'm assuming this means that the base isn't particularly prominent - would this be a fair comment? I'd still like to have a decent amount of bass.

Also, some reviews say that the microphonics aren't very good. Not quite sure what this means - people talk of the cables rubbing on your clothing causing mid-frequency noise. Surely, on such highly regarded IEMs, this it wouldn't be a noticeable noise.

Based on this, would anyone have any recommendations as to what other IEMs I might try for the £50/60 mark (could go slightly higher). Was looking at the Senn CX870 but cant seem to find any reviews - any thoughts.

Much appreciated.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
  3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Headdirect RE0

We did get a sample of the Headdirect RE0 in some time back with a view to taking on the brand. To be honest we were not particularly impressed by this earphone at the time.

I'll try to dig out the RE0 sample to retest and compare with the Phonak and Westone.