Headphone problems?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by ipoda, Jan 16, 2010.

1. ipoda

ipoda New Member

I've been getting the same problem with multiple sets of headphones on my mp3 player. They work well for a while, but after a while the sound starts to cut out in one ear. If I twist the jack around just right, the sound comes back. Same with my headset for my cell phone. If it gets knocked, it stops working.

Anyone know what the problem is and if it's with the headphones or the mp3 player? Is it fixable, and if so what do I do?

2. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

Maybe you just need to clean your plugs. Actually I've experienced this same problem with my PL30 today. After I cleaned the plug with a cloth my bad connection went magically away. Try it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. ipoda

ipoda New Member

hey friend,thanks for your advise,i will try it.

4. ipoda

ipoda New Member

oh```it is not okayyyyy
    who can help me...
    thx in advance

5. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

Does your headphone(s) work correctly with other sources? For example if you plug them into your PC, do you still experience the one channel cut out?
    If they do play nicely with other things, then it must be your player.

6. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sound cuts out in one ear

As Saiyajin says if they work OK plugged into another source, then it's obviously a problem with the headphones. If the problem persists with other sources, then it's most likely to either be a broken cable or a fault with the headphone speaker (sometimes called a driver).

Depending on the model of headphone or earphone you can replace cables and/or drivers. What model of headphone are you having a problem with?