Headphones <£80

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by ryanvp, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ryanvp

ryanvp New Member

First time poster so please go easy!

I've been searching for the past couple of days online through the copious amounts of information.

I'm looking for a set of relatively portable headphones (nothing too bulky & probably closed back to avoid sound leakage) for under £80.

Sound quality, fit and value are the key things I'm looking for.

I listen to a variety of music including house music so punchy bass and good clarity would be preferable.

I've come across a few sets such as the Klipsch Image One's and the AKG K451 and also some sets of Sennheisers such as the PX360's although the choice of is so broad its baffling!

Any thoughts ideas would be welcome!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. ryanvp

ryanvp New Member

Any thoughts on the ones I mentioned above?

The Shure's seem to pop up quite a bit on the forums , however they seem a bit heavy and not as portable as the ones above?

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

You're right about heavy - the Klipsch that I had were light and comfy, but were very bassy. Other than that they were good I thought. The AKG I haven't tried, and the Sennheiser sound varies a lot - the PX360 is for gaming and is not highly rated for sound quality.

5. hypertoxin

hypertoxin New Member

Gonna half hijack your thread here, sorry! :p

Recently broke my klipsch image s4s and they were, like most people have said, pretty amazing for the price. Wondering if I should buy another set or if the active noise cancelling pioneer NC31s are worth the extra bit more?

Thanks.

6. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Klipsch Image One is REALLY bass heavy - otherwise a nice portable headphone with iPhone controller. AKG K451 are probably a better choice (unless you want huge bass) as these are on the warm side of balanced, funsounding and fold smaller. Dales suggestions are better options if quality of sound is your biggest concern:)

7. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

If you need the noise cancelling then these are not a bad deal - if sound quality is more important then forget the noise cancelling. Money spent on un-neccessary electronics means cheaper drivers. Go for a SoundMAGIC E10 and save some money or a Beyer DTX101 for an improvement in Sound quality without beating up your wallet.:)