Headphones and crash helmets

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Gail-force, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Gail-force

Gail-force New Member

Hi chaps,

I wanted to ask which headphones will be the best for use inside a crash helmet? I currently use the in-ear type but they have a habit of slipping when I put my helmet on....

Are there any on the market that affix to the lining of the helmet? Are they any good? Is there a blue tooth option?

I have an I-Pod nano

Following on from your thread on best in ear headphones I'm considering the Sound Magic PL30's

Any advice gratefully received!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Gail,

There are several earphones which would perform that task admirably. The key to fitting securely and comfortably under a helmet is a pair of in ears with a flat or ergonomically shaped profile and wearing them over the ear should guarantee they stay exactly where you want them to.

SoundMAGIC PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black £29.95

are amazing at this price! great sound and great accessories and that flat profile. If you like the look of these go for it, they will be excellent.

If you wanted to spend a little more for sonic improvement with more refined sound you could grab some

Audeo PFE 012 Perfect Bass Earphones in Black (PFE-012) £79.95

they have an excellent fit into the ear and sit so well, thanks to their cleverly contoured shape, that you can lie down wearing these. Perfect for under a helmet! Hope this helps : )

3. Gail-force

Gail-force New Member

Hiya Robin,

Thanks for the info. I've ordered the PL30 and I'll let you know how I get on.....some of the reviews indicate that the cable is a tad femmer...again, I'll let you know. May be helpful to another biker who wanders onto your forum for helpful advice.

Thanks again for your help.

Gail

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Gail,

The Soundmagic PL30 in ears are outstanding value for money and very reliable, they have a very low percentage rate of return. Occasionally products do go wrong and very light and small in ear headphones are no exception - this is where we shine! If your earphones become faulty through normal use just let us know by email or phone and we will send you instructions and an individual return number - you send us the faulty product and within in a week you would have a brand new shiny version posted to you. We fully support the manufacturers warranty from the day of purchase so if you ever need our help just let us know.