Headphones as good as turtle beaches?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by JaredFrost95, Aug 25, 2011.

1. JaredFrost95

JaredFrost95 New Member

I own a pair of x1 full size turtle beaches for xbox. Other then a little bit of rattling at high volume, I love them. The bass is heavy but muddy, but I like it. Especially when I turn it up with srs wow effects in windows media player. I'm going for quantity not quality(bass, not everything else). Unfortunetely, the x1s take USB power so I can't use them on the go like I'd like to.(not that I would anyway they have a big nerdy mic hangin off the side.) price range is about 40-60 bucks. Cheap, I know, but I'm not made out of money. I want full size ones that cup around the ear. Like i implied before, I care about sound quality but not for bass I just want there to be a LOT. Are these what I want? Ps I listen to dubstep.

Audio-Technica ATH-D40fs Precision Enhanced Bass Headphones:Amazon:Musical Instruments

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Jared

I cannot recommend something at this price that I believe would genuinely satisfy me quality wise - at least not in a full sized headphone anyway.

I have been told these are good but they are on ear which might get you more soundwise with this budget.
    Sony MDR-XB300

3. JaredFrost95

JaredFrost95 New Member

wellll what if i save up for these :) Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : ATH-WS55 : Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones im sure i can scrape up the money come christmas. will i be satisfied?

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

When the WS50 and WS70 came in we were really impressed - good feedback from customers as well - This is more along the lines of a headphone which will give a genuinely satisfying improvement in quality, they are smooth and sweet with good detail, quite lush sounding:)