Headphones by Monster

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Sesim, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Sesim

Sesim New Member

Hey guys!

I know that many of you might dislike the "Beats by Dre" headphones, but I really like them!

Now I'm thinking about buying some Monster Inspiration headphones. All I know is that Monster made the "Beats by Dre" headphones. Can someone tell me if the original Monster headphones are better or worse? Maybe someone can help me.

Most times I'm listening to rock/alternative.

Thank you! :)

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

You like *all* of the Beats headphones? Some of them are good and some are awful, but you like all of them? Maybe you can explain further, before I talk about the Monster Inspiration that I have.

3. Holders80

Holders80 New Member

I wouldn't really bother with the Monster Inspiration headphones tbh. They're not worth the price, not to mention they look goddamn awful. The sound quality is nothing exceptional for this price range either. I would stick with the Beats. They might be slightly more expensive but at least they speak quality.

4. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

My opinion on the Monster/Beats range is that they are way too over priced for what you get back. There are copies out on the market that sound as good for a fraction of the price. If you want a professional sounding headphone there are plenty of great brands making high quality headphones for all budgets.

Have a look at our selection of full size headphones. If you have any questions I will be happy to help :)

Full Size Headphones

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Wow! I have at least 7 headphones on that list. What I'd recommend to replace Beats and other lo-fi headphones, to maintain good quality sound and also have a strong bass line are:

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. This is nearly the perfect headphone. Or, I could just say it is perfect. It's great.

The Sennheiser Momentum is a more relaxed sound, but the Amperior has a hard-hitting bass, so they could be an alternative to the Custom One Pro.

The German Maestro 8.35D sits between these in sound quality, but it's the king of all headphones for being rugged - the toughest headphone I've ever seen or heard of.

The Audio-Technica M50 is the least in sound quality (but still beats Beats), and a bargain for what it costs, and it has a bass unlike most headphones - it gets stronger as it gets lower!

6. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Cheers Dale!

They would be my top picks too :)