headphones/earphones under £150

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by sparky249, Mar 15, 2011.

1. sparky249

sparky249 New Member

Hi,

I'm sure you've seen loads of threads like this before...

Basically its my birthday in a couple of months and im looking into getting some new earphones or headphones.

I've currently got some sennheiser in ear, think they are cx200, nothing crazy but they do the job. I basically use them for travelling to and from work and at home as well. I'm not the biggest audiophile ever but it's probably about time I upgraded! I don't mind earphones or headphones.

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Thanks.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Sparky249

Happy Birthday for a couple of months time!:) Let me know what music you are into, who are your favourite acts? Do you prefer a big warm sound or do you like less bass and more detail? What is the budget?

3. sparky249

sparky249 New Member

Ha! Thanks. Still feels ages away.

I listen to a lot of different types of music but mainly hip-hop, dubstep, drum and bass. But I do enjoy a bit of indie or rock every now and then. Budget is around £150.

4. RobinHiFi

Normally I would suggest a bunch of different options but I have a cast iron solid recommendation for you!

Shure SRH840 Professional Closed-Back Headphones (SRH 840)
    £149.95

This is as good as chunky bass rich headphones get at the moment - Powerful but with plenty of feeling. The build quality is superb and Shure give 2 years warranty. They are even extremely comfortable!:)

5. sparky249

sparky249 New Member

They look very nice! I understand you guys are in brighton but dont have an actual shop. Do you know of anywhere I could try them out?

I've also been suggested these Denon AHP-372, bit cheaper but I was wondering how they would compare?

6. RobinHiFi

There are not many places where you can try headphones and not many places that stock a big choice. Where are you based?

7. sparky249

sparky249 New Member

I'm actually based in Hove! Shame you guys haven't got a shop or something! Do you know of any shops that have a bit of a selection? I'm slightly wary of buying something just from reviews.

Thanks.

8. RobinHiFi

Well you can give me a call if you like and I'm sure you can come to the office and have a listen to them. Just call the number on the website:)

9. sparky249

sparky249 New Member

what times is your office open? monday to friday 9-5?

I've been looking at these headphones as well... http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/aud...itor-headphones-coiled-cable-prodid-2495.html

could you offer any comparison of the two? or suggest which would be better suited for me?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  10. RobinHiFi

Yes the M50 are excellent! Cups are on the small size for over-ears, but I find them comfy:)

Office hours are 9am - 5pm, do feel free to give me a call.

11. sparky249

sparky249 New Member

I work 9-5 Monday to Friday! Are you open at the weekends at all? I'll have to take a day off before my birthday to decide on the headphones if you aren't open at the weekends.

12. RobinHiFi

I'm normally here after 5pm and I would be happy to give you a call at the end of the day after work. Email me at info@hifiheadphones.co.uk, just put - Hi Robin - at the top and it will find me, I'm sure we can work out an evening to have a chat but this evening I am working i'm afraid.