Headphones for dance/electronic music

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by bazl, Sep 5, 2008.

1. bazl

bazl New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I've been browsing around and haven't really been able to find any specific advice related to my query.

I'm looking for good earphones for my iPod Nano with a focus on ones better for electronic/dance music; mainly trance and drum n bass. I'm not really willing to pay more than £50.
  2. ShaunG

ShaunG Guest

Headphones for dance music

Many people recommend the Sennheiser CX300 as the best budget earphones. The bass response is very strong and the upper mids are good. While they are excellent value for money, they are beginning to get a bit long in the tooth. If you are upgrading from standard iPod earbuds then you may find they are the best earphones you've ever listened too, but it is possible to get more for your money.

Due to the problems with fit on the CX300 (not good for small ears) we have started recommended the Goldring GX200 and also the cheaper Goldring GX100 earphones.

The sound quality with the Goldring GX200's is a good step up from the CX300's. The bass response is particular strong, but does not colour the lower treble frequencies like the CX300's. The GX200's are highly recommended for dance and pretty much any style of music.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008