Headphones for everyday portable use (sub £100)

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by ScaryCornflakes, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ScaryCornflakes

ScaryCornflakes New Member

Hey guys,

I current have a pair of DT770s, and I love them to bits. Had them for a couple of years and still amazing me. Now, I'm looking for a pair of headphones (preferably on-ears) for everyday commuting to and from college with the use of an iPod. I want to know if sticking with Beyerdynamic would be the right way to go, or could I get something better?

Many thanks

2. ScaryCornflakes

bump allowed?

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

DT-770 to -?

Beyerdynamic DT-1350?

4. UndefinedMemory

UndefinedMemory New Member

What type of music do you listen to? The DT770 are definitely good, and you know how they sound, but I'm guessing you're concerned about the ability to drive them from an ipod, and maybe how portable they are?

Also, if you're used to the quality of the DT770, to get something comparable that also sounds good you'll probably have to spend more than £100.

5. ScaryCornflakes

Ah okay sounds like I may have to compromise on quality because I really don't fancy pushing over £100. Music taste would be 95% electronic music (drum and bass, house etc.). And yeah I wouldn't particularly want a driver for them, and portability is a must.

I guess I should have specified want I really wanted in my original post! Thanks for the questions + reply though!

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Compomise

I had two thoughts. I went to the main site here and looked up portables by price, and found several. Do you have any thoughts about those? I also use a Vmoda M80, which is not for sale here as far as I can see, but it fits your description perfectly, albeit at a slightly higher price (~£125).