Headphones for iPhone < £100

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Hooblue, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Hooblue

Hooblue New Member

My old Sony in-ear headphones are slowly dying a death and so I'm now in the market for some new ones. I've recently got an iPhone 4 to use as my main MP3 player. What I'd like on top of decent sounding headphones is a mic and remote if possible so that I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket to make/answer calls and adjust volume etc, as fiddling around on the tube in the mornings is less than ideal when it's packed!

So far I've seen the following that I'm considering:

Klipsh S4i
    Shure SE115M+
    JayBird Tiger Eyes
    Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5vi
    Sennheiser CX880i

Which of the above would offer the best in terms of audio/build quality and also mic/remote performance? Or do you have any other recommendations or suggestions?

I listen to a real mixture of music, anything from Radiohead to The Rolling Stones to Massive Attack to Kanye West to Nivana to Wu Tang Clan.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

2. Hooblue

Hooblue New Member

Any help or recommendations anyone?

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. Hooblue

Hooblue New Member

Many thanks Robin.

I'm not too bothered about the volume control to be honest, as I'll have the volume set when I'm listening anyway. It's mainly the mic and audio controls (play, pause, skip etc) that'll be useful, especially on the tube/train.

I must say I was initially leaning towards the Klipsh, but now I'm thinking of maybe spending a tad more and getting either the Shure or Audeo's. The Shure look nice but also abit big though.

I must say the Audeo do look nice and I'm tempted by the fact that they have an armature driver rather than dynamic. Is it worth paying the bit extra for the 122's rather than the 022's and getting the extra Comply tips, filters etc?

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator