Headphones for Kid

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by ClaireA, May 17, 2011.

1. ClaireA

ClaireA New Member

May 17, 2011
    Which headphones would you recommend for a 2 and 4 year old for us with personal DVD players, long haul flights & MP3's?
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Claire,

My advice here is really for your 4 year old as nobody really makes headphones for under 4's. Although you might find headphones small enough and although you can apply this advice to a really young child I know that all safety levels and all advice on manufacture is based on 4 and up. Sound pressure is very dangerous when suggested levels are exceeded and a doctor is a better person to ask with under 4's.

With that out the way, kids love headphones and there are several which are favourites with customers and some we have which are used widely in UK Education.

For sturdiness have a look at these which are used by Schools and extra curricular Kids clubs all over the UK -

Koss Stratus UR10 Headphones in Silver (UR 10 Stratus)

Concept Learning Educational Childrens Headphones in Yellow

Concept Learning Educational Childrens Headphones Tiger

and these are fun headphones which parents have praised in the past

MiniMice Childrens Headphone My Football

MiniMice Childrens Headphone My Hearts

These are actively attenuated, this means they have a battery powering a circuit which prevents you from being able to turn them up to a dangerous volume. When the batteries run out though you cannot use them.

JVC Tiny Phones Childrens Headphones in Blue (HA-KD10-A-E)