Headphones for movies

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by TheGreatNisse, Dec 31, 2011.

1. TheGreatNisse

TheGreatNisse New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I'm looking for headphones to be used primarily for movie-watching, and want the surround experience. Got a Macbook Pro and a PS3 as the connection possibilities (3,5mm, toslink and usb).
    Been thinking of the newly released Creative Recon3d Omega (Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless) that has recieved good reviews, but that is mostly for gaming. I have no experience myself of headphones and no special requirements, just want a price-worthy sound optimized for movies.

My budget is around $ 250, and i would appreciate some recommendations and explantations to which pair i should purchase.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Have a look at these three - The Ultrasone are pretty amazing as they have a wide sound which works well for movies - this is the result of some clever analogue technology. The Denons are just very nice headphones which work well for all listening applications. I have put in an open backed (semi) pair as these have a very natural sense of space but they obviously leak noise which may not be helpful.

Ultrasone HFI-780 Closed-Back Foldable Headphones (HFI 780)

Denon AH-D2000 Closed Back Stereo Headphones (AHD2000)

Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium Semi-Open Headphones 32Ω