Headphones,no amp.

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Paulyo, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Paulyo

Paulyo New Member

Hello,well I'm pretty sure t'll be a silly question,but im totally grenn so......Anyway im about to buy a new headphones up to 170 pounds and i consider between these Sennheiser HD25-C-2 , seinnheiser hd 598 , Sennheiser HD25-1-II PRO. Mainly ill be using them on my android htc one x device and on my tv for cinema/gaming.I ve got no amplifier so I would ask you for your opinion as i dont want to waste money on a headphones that i wont be able to use their potential.Maybe you\ve got some other recommendation?My preferable genre is hip hop/rock so i need some bass on them,tahnks for any help.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

It looks like you're getting answers to your question now at WhatHiFi. If you're narrowing it down any, please repost your latest thinking here.

3. Paulyo

Paulyo New Member

Custom Pro

Well I've been looking at these headphones before a lot,and I admit they are quiet interesting,but...they are too, chunky and they are very conspicuous if you're one the go,I know that the sound is most important but still i try to find some alternative.

4. Paulyo

Paulyo New Member

Seinnheiser

What do you think about HD598 as portable headphone,is the sound leak that bad you cant use them on the street?

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Bad idea. You would just end up fighting against yourself and losing the enjoyment you could have. That's the way open headphones are. But with closed headphones, small and inconspicuous are good ideas. I looked at the list here:

Closed Back Headphones

But I'm not seeing small and inconspicuous particularly. Maybe one of the staff here will come with an idea. Items I've had that match the description are: B&W P5, Klipsch Image One, Marshall Monitor, ....

6. Paulyo

Paulyo New Member

Great,I know a bit more now,and I consider the b&w p5 and beyerdynamic DT 770.What you say?

7. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

They sound different, but are comparable in quality. What is really different though is the form. The 770 is essentially non portable, while the P5 not only is portable, it's probably the best possible portable.