headphones - the main criteria for me is an isolation

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Erlotaza, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Erlotaza

Erlotaza New Member

Hi, I want to buy headphones and the main decision criteria for me is an isolation from the outside noise. I'll be listening more to audio podcats and english speech (learning, I'm not a native english speaker) rather than music so I need a nice noise isolation.
    And I need them to be able to turn like that http://www.ajgalaxy.com/slideshow/large/Sennheiser-HD238-1su.jpg so I can easily put them in the bag. No fullsize, can be medium size or better - compact like 40mm. Currently looking on Sehhheiser PX200ii, is there anything else ..? Will be using with HTC Inspire 4g/Desire HD
    Thanks in advance)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

My choices in that size and utility range are the Sennheiser PX-200ii, the Bose OE2, and the B&W P3. All of these isolate some, and all can sound very good on hi-fi music if equalized.

3. Erlotaza

Erlotaza New Member

Noise isolation

Thank you. There is also HD228, HD238 model, Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 is it better? And you can offer bigger models if you know some, I didn't mention it because I don't know them :D

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I don't like the sound of those Sennheisers, but the Audio Technica is good.