Headphones to Amp with no HP out

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by anotbot, Feb 25, 2012.

1. anotbot

anotbot New Member

Hi

I have a Unison Research Sinfonia valve amp and Unico CD with Chord cables and I would like to use with my AKJ K702 headphones. The amp doesn't have a headphone socket, so I assume I will need to use a headphone amp connected to ... the tape out of the amp? Or would it be better to connect direct to the CD?

I also would be grateful if you could suggest some suitable headphone amps :) Not looking to break the bank and if it could also be used with my mac pro for audio editing that would be a plus.

many thanks

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Headphone amps

Headphone Amplifiers & DACs - Headphone Amps

I sorted this list by price - just scroll down to what you feel you can afford and work your way down from there. Don't worry that low price means low quality - with these amps you get good quality. Best to connect to your CD directly, if the output of the CD can be matched to the inputs available with the amp. So check the specs of any amp that interests you and look for the connections.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

A lot of peopole use the tape out connection as they are normally pretty good being designed to send a signal to a recording device. It depends how much you want to spend. The K702 would benefit from a powerful and precise sounding amp like this one -

Graham Slee Solo Intro Headphone Amplifier
    £369.24