Headphones under 40 Pounds...

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by parkin, Jul 10, 2010.

1. parkin

parkin New Member

Hi

This is my first post, however I've looked about the forum (having used the search bar I couldn't find any similar threads).

I currently own a pair of Breo Natal headphones, however they have broken (I sent an email to the team about this). In the likely event I've done something wrong and won't be able to fix them, I will be looking for a pair of headphones, preferably not full size, with a budget of fourty pounds.

Most important is sound quality - I was quite impressed with the Natal's sound but would like an upgrade if I'm to buy new headphones.

Second most important is looks - the Natal's proved to be a bit to retro and stand-out for my liking, and I wouldn't like anything too ugly or wacky!

Finally it would be nice to have a pair of headphones where the sound didn't leak out too much - the Natals were quite good with not leaking out sound and I'd like to maintain that standard if not improve it.

The headphones I'm currently looking at our the Breo de Janeiro headphones, which seem to have everything I'm after. Would you recommend this? Can you recommend any other headphones to me which would fit the specifications?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Headphones under £40

Hi Alex,

The AIAIAI Tracks are slightly over budget, but come highly recommended. We've been really impressed by these rather cool looking headphones. Fashion brands (like Skullcandy) often favour form over function, but AIAIAI have really come up with a winner in the Tracks.

I know you've already had a problem with the Breos, but it may be worth considering the Brio Janeiro as these offer better quality sound than the Netal and more sturdy construction.

3. parkin

parkin New Member

Would you recommend the AIAIAI tracks over -

a. Koss PortaPro for sound
    b. Breo de Janeiro for sound/design

thanks.

4. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Headphones under £40

The AIAIAI Tracks definitely offer significantly better sound than the Koss PortaPro. The Breo de Janeiro is in the same ballpark, but you are able to pick out more detail in your music with the Tracks.

Whether the design is good or not is really very subjective, but if you mean how well made they are then the Breo and Tracks are both robust. The PortaPro is very lightweight, but therefore more easily broken.