Headphones w/mic and track/volume control for android

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by drongo, Jul 22, 2012.

1. drongo

drongo New Member

Jul 5, 2012

I'm looking for a moderately decent pair of fullsize headphones for use with my android and macbook. It's got to have android compatible controls for changing the track, play/pause, and volume control. Also I'm looking the price range £35-£70.

I'm thinking of getting these: Hesh 2 Carbon/Red w/Mic
    I've read some good reviews and people have said that the controls are compatible with android, but I want to make sure by asking people here what they think and if they think I can get something better in that price range?

2. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Jul 20, 2012
    A good option but be careful

The Skullcandy Hesh are a good pair of all round headphones. But you need to be careful; when you say "android" i assume you mean your mobile. Its not the operating system that matters most of the time. All headphone manufacturers will make their products work with android but some of the mobile companies such as samsung block out 3rd party companies.

e.g. my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 with android. The rings on a jack plug are in a certain order but samsung have swapped the mic ring around so most wont work with them.

If possible i would avoid buying headphones with a mic as they are typically the main cause of problems and are just used to up prices by manufacturers.